Would you enjoy working for a growing children’s publisher, keeping others organized and on task, working on various administrative and HR related projects? Then this is the ideal position for you.
The chosen candidate will not only have excellent administrative skills, but they will also have some HR experience.
- Assisting the President in meeting deadlines and completing important tasks
- Managing President’s and director’s calendars including organizing meetings and appointments
- Attending meetings to take notes, maintaining a list of meeting action items/tasks and ensure the implementation of action items.
- Typing, compiling, and preparing reports and presentations
- Managing performance review process quarterly
- Administering leave of absence programs (i.e. vacation, disability, sick time, etc.)
- Employee Relations
- May assist with some benefit administration, payroll, 401(k) deposits and recruiting.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Attention to detail
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 5+ years of administrative experience needed, preferably prior experience assisting a president or other C-level executive
- 1-3 years of HR generalist/assistant experience
- Must be a self-starter and require very little supervision
- Ability and willingness to change direction often and with little notice
- Publishing experience helpful
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
A Little More about Us
Located just outside Chicago in Park Ridge, Illinois, Albert Whitman has been publishing award-winning children’s books for over 100 years! We publish The Boxcar Children books, fiction, non-fiction, humor, and fantasy, as well as books on history, diversity, and sensitive social issues – books that appeal to all children.
We Offer an Amazing Benefit Package:
- In addition to base salary we have a profit-sharing program for all employees
- 3 health plan options
- Life, STD and LTD
- Flexible Spending Account for both health and dependent care
- 401(k) with company match
- On-site cafeteria
- Great location with easy access to public transportation
If interested in applying for this position, you can do so by sending your resume to email@example.com.