Summer is for book lovers! For a few months, kids have fewer commitments, which means more time to read. During the day, they can soak up a story along with the sun, and at night, they can stay up late to finish one more chapter—with parental permission, of course.
Bring out your child’s inner bookworm with stories recommended by our staff. We’re shining the spotlight on some titles you’ve seen before, plus a few books that haven’t had their day in the sun quite yet.
In this list, you’ll find…
– A really, REALLY old tree that grew along with the United States (The Very Oldest Pear Tree)
– An ice-breaker for honest conversations about our emotions (Way Past Mad)
– An unstoppable mother-daughter duo (Tiara’s Hat Parade)
– A confidence boost for kids who don’t conform to traditional gender roles (Playing Wicked)
– A quirky middle grade book starring a diverse cast of kids…and a plucky duck (Quack)
– An Arthur Ellis award winner (Keep This to Yourself)
…and more of our favorite reads. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!