We are currently searching for an experienced Business Analyst to assist our Business Director with a wide variety of accounting and operational tasks. Candidates will gain experience and knowledge in numerous areas as a member of our operations team. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, an ability to work independently, and, above all, a book lover.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing accounting functions such as royalty payments, accounts payable and month end closes
- Fostering relationships and managing projects with vendors
- Analyzing and tracking various sales data and budgets
- Work closely with other departments to ensure efficiencies and enforce project timelines
- Seek opportunities to improve and expand processes and department goals
- Read lots of books and work with other people who love books!
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business with a major in finance or accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an office environment, publishing experience preferred but not required
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, process, and organization
- Ability to identify potential problems and resolve them before they become actual problems
- Strong business decision-making skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of the children’s book marketplace and trends a plus
- Capable of learning new processes and technologies quickly
- Able to travel to work-related events and meetings (2 or 3 times a year)
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to HR@albertwhitman.com
About the company
Albert Whitman & Company has been publishing award-winning children’s books since 1919. Best known for the classic series The Boxcar Children Mysteries, its highly praised picture books, novels and nonfiction titles succeed in delighting and reaching out to teens of all backgrounds and experiences. Albert Whitman’s special interest books treat their readers in caring and respectful manner, helping them grow intellectually and emotionally.